Holmes Air Purifier Troubleshooting – 5 Most Common Problems Solved
Holmes is an American brand known for its efficient home appliances and air purifiers. Air purifiers by Holmes are in high-demand worldwide nowadays.
With plenty of fantastic features equipped, it is one of the brands whose air purifiers rule people’s hearts with its impressive technology for powerful air cleaning.
The brand offers a variety of options, each having different types of air filters. Whatever your air cleaning need asks for, you will definitely find the best model by Holmes having your required air filter.
Anything that offers us some feasibilities also requires something in return. If we consider air purifiers, it needs proper maintenance to perform efficient cleaning all the time.
A bit of lack can cause multiple issues that cause your Holmes air purifiers to stop working or not clean properly. It is better to troubleshoot at the same time to avoid serious problems.
Related Article: Levoit Air Purifier Troubleshooting
Holmes Air Purifier Troubleshooting
As filters are one of the supreme parts of an air purifier, the Holmes company has given substantial importance to this part. They have designed it so that True HEPA filters can trap 99.9% of airborne particles.
Moreover, the Holmes air purifier uses washable foam pre-filters that are long life and enhance the air purifier’s overall performance.
So, let’s dig deep through the Holmes Air Purifier troubleshooting.
1. Holmes Air Purifier Can’t Turn On
There may be a time when you press the power button to switch on your machine, but it is not getting turned on. Firstly, check if you have properly plugged it. If it is fine but still can’t turn on, go for the solutions.
- Check your power outlet and replace it, might it got damaged.
- Maybe there is a voltage problem, so try using it after some time.
- Sometimes, the power cord is damaged. In this case, stop using your unit and contact the support team.
2. Decreased airflow from the purifier
If you feel that there is decreased airflow from your Holmes air purifier, it could be due to your room area that is so significant or HEPA filters or fan issues; try the following solutions.
- Make sure that you have removed its filter packaging. If it is not, it must be the reason for decreased airflow. Check any dirt or dust buildup in the air purifier.
- Wash the air inlet grill and filtered air outlet grill with warm water.
- Allow both the grills before reinserting. Check your fan speed, and if it is too low, adjust it according to your desired speed setting. You can also direct it in auto mode.
- If the above solutions don’t fix the issue, there is just a need for a filter replacement such as Pre-filter, HEPA filter, or Carbon filter.
3. Controls are not working
Most air purifiers introduced in the market are equipped with push buttons to turn ON/OFF at the control panel. Occasionally, these controls stop responding to your touch, and ultimately you cannot achieve your desired indoor air quality.
- Make sure that the filter cover is correctly placed.
- If you have restarted your unit after its cleaning, check if all the parts are reinserted correctly.
- Connect your machine to an outlet once again by assuring the correct power rating.
- If you don’t see any change after trying all the solutions, contact the support team for help or replace the controls.
4. Producing irritating noises
During operation, you may feel your purifier making unusual crackling sounds that irritate you so much. Multiple possibilities of this can include excessive usage of filters that couldn’t bear more load or were not inserted correctly.
- If you find dirt trapped inside, power off your Holmes purifier. Do its proper cleaning with a vacuum cleaner or warm soapy water and set it to dry.
- Always keep an eye on the filter life indicator light. If your air filter has gotten older than what was instructed, replace them.
- Select the Low fan speed from the control knob for a quieter operation.
- Pull out the filter and check it’s working after installing it again.
5. Degraded performance
When your room gets filled with high smoke, heavy air pollution, or strange odors, you may feel that your air purifier cannot work properly. Your home doesn’t get freed up from such particles with ease.
The heavy smoke may be coming from outside BBQs, cigarette smoking, inside grilling, or cooking can fill your home with unpleasant odors. So, if you’re facing the same problem, go for:
- When you feel your room is getting heavily loaded with smoke or strange odors, don’t start using a purifier instantly as it could affect its machinery.
- Initially, open doors and windows for some minutes to let it leave as much as possible and then operate your unit.
- If cooking fumes from your kitchen reach your room, use an exhaust fan in the kitchen to end it there.
Holmes Air Purifier Maintenance Video Guide
Holmes Filter Replacement Duration
Filter life depends on air quality and the frequency of air purifier usage.
Most Holmes air purifiers use a permanent pre-filter. These permanent filters can be used after washing or cleaning.
A HEPA filter needs to replace after every 12 to 16 months. A filter life indicator light will tell you when to change this filter.
Carbon filters need to replace every three to six months.
Common FAQs About Holmes Air Purifiers
How do I reset my Holmes air purifier?
If you’re having difficulty resetting your Holmes air purifier, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure your Holmes air purifier is disconnected from power and all other devices.
- Reconnect your Holmes air purifier to the power source.
- Press and hold down the filter reset button for about five seconds until the lights turn green.
What does the yellow light mean on a Holmes air purifier?
The yellow light on a Holmes air purifier means that the carbon filter needs to be replaced. Open the front air inlet grill and remove the two screws that secure the filter to replace the carbon filter. Once the filter is free, replace it with a new filter and tighten the screws back in place.
What Is the Blue and Orange Light mean On Holmes Air Purifier?
The Blue light on the Holmes air purifier could be the optional ionizer indication or a filter life indicator depending on the model. in contrast, the orange light means that you should check the filter and replace it if necessary.
How to maintain a Holmes air purifier?
Maintaining a Holmes air purifier can be a bit of a hassle, but it’s definitely worth it in the long run. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your air purifier:
1. Check the filter regularly – Make sure to check the filter regularly and replace it as necessary. This will help to prevent pollutants from entering your air purifier and causing damage.
2. Clean the filters and housing regularly – Clean the filters with a soft cloth or gently hand wash them with warm soapy water. Also, clean the whole air purifier regularly to prevent dust and other pollutants buildup.
4. Keep an eye on the indicator light – If the indicator light on your air purifier starts flashing, there is something wrong with the machine. In this case, you should take it in for repair as soon as possible.
We have almost discussed all the common problems, their causes, and solutions one faces in Holmes Air Purifiers. If you maintain your air purifier regularly and take care of its cleaning or filter replacement, you can keep your unit in top condition to feel clean and fresh air always in